PIZZORNO RESERVA – VINO ESPUMOSO NATURAL BRUT NATURE – PIZZORNO 1910 FAMILY ESTATES – PIZZORNO WINERY – RUTA 32 – KM 23 – CANELÓN CHICO – I.NA.VI. 963 13%
VISUAL ANALYSIS: brilliant, straw yellow with golden reflexes and the bubbles are quite fine, numerous and persistent.
OLFACTORY ANALYSIS: yeast, bread crust, flour, butter, lemon orange blossom and curry.
GUSTATIVE ANALYSIS: the softness is characterising the first impact at the palate, later the freshness given by an abundant salivation is pushing towards a well balanced structure passing through a light sensation of mineral notes. The gustative aromatic persistency is 4 seconds.
WINE-FOOD COMBINATION: bocadito de merluza rebozada con salsa de ostras (codfish chop with oysters sauce)
- The bubbles (carbon dioxide) are cutting through the fatness of the fish
- The sweet tendency of the fish is counterbalancing the sapidity (mineral notes) of the wine
- The fatness of the fish is countervailing the salivation of the wine
- The structure of the recipe is matching to the structure of the wine
- The gustative persistence of the dish is pairing with the aromatic persistence of the wine
MY PERSONAL OPINION: an iconic sparkling wine which can be compared to a very structured blanc de noirs. Another important example of dosage zero / pas dose capable of being adapted to a double combination with fish food: before with starters and later with main course.